Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weak

Building up and lashing out
The heart is muted, the tongue cries out
Forcing down the angers peak
Why must I be so weak?
I let you down everyday
My thoughts, my speech in every way
Twisting and turning, can't find my place
Hopelessly falling, and losing the race
I pray to You for just a glance
Then turn away and miss my chance
Must I always be this torn?
What does it mean to be reborn?
Please oh Lord, hear my prayer
I'm in a world plagued with despair
I need Your hand to guide me through
I need Your eyes to see the truth
I need Your strength for I am weak
I need Your heart, for it's love I seek


Be with me Lord, and show me Your heart
For way too long, we've been apart
You never left, but I couldn't see
Past My wants and all My needs
Help me to ignore the selfish child
And be the one who walks the extra mile
Teach my heart to embrace the truth
The change in me will be the proof
This is my prayer, from all my soul
I leave my life in Your control

AMEN






No comments:

Post a Comment